Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Final Four

For the past 17 years, I have been at the Gift Show in Atlanta on this day. Today I am in Chicago and it feels okay! I am so excited about our future plans and can't wait to fill you in on the details. But as most of you know, we are closing our retail location and we are in the final 4 weeks of being open .  We are trying to keep our standards and keep the store looking as good as possible during this sale.  We still have a lot of great merchandise to sell.   During the last couple of days, Katha, Penny, Julie and I have re-invented some of our displays!  As customers walk into the store, we  hear "is that new?" or "I haven't seen that before!".  That's what happens when you uncover layers and layers of "stuff" in our store displays. After all, we have never been accused of not having enough inventory!  Now you can just see most of it!  PS-We are adding a few new treasures daily as we discover things in storage or behind doors in cabinets!  And soon we will be pricing all the store fixtures.  Hope to see our local Chicago customers soon!


 
love this set of four burlap chairs

 
These jugs look great on a hearth or kitchen island

 
A set of sweet lavender dinner and dessert plates - a real steal!

 
Pots of hyacinths with white ironstone - love it

 
So spring like- weeping lavender in an umbrella stand.

 
The lanterns above the table are reproductions but are amazing!
The burlap suitcases look great stacked and are perfect for storing items.


 
Leather chair is the perfect size for a small area like a bedroom,

 
The menu board in the old frame is charming for a kitchen!  I have one behind my range.

 
Festive roses in a mosaic vase look pretty with the old French porcelain compotes.
 
 
 

6 comments:

The enchanted home said...

What stunning highlights! That first picture is so beautiful. I love the idea of a chalk board in an elegant frame for a kitchen, gave one as a housewarming gift a few years ago to a friend.
Everything looks so beautiful! That lantern I have had my eye on since last year when I saw it at the show....beautiful!

Anonymous said...

looks like a new store! I'll stop by for sure to see what catches my eye! For those of you who read this blog but never had the chance to visit the store in person you have no idea how much we are going to miss it! Susan's taste and vision inspired so many!
Christy

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Certainly makes me wish I was in the Chicago area...

Unknown said...

I'm so missing everyone this week in Atlanta for the gift show. I will miss the "show and tell" we had each evening and "oohing and aahing" over all the new items that would soon make their way to the store. It was so great to always have that preview.... I will meet up w/ Marlene and Erin tomorrow night...hopefully they'll have a few good finds from the market. Good luck with the closing out of the store...can't believe only 4 more weeks.
Love,
Lynda Sue

savvycityfarmer said...

sad and sweet ...
so excited to hear of the future plans!!

c'mon, just a little hint ...

Insomnia said...

Wow! Love!
Beautiful photo.
Gretings from Poland.