Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"50 Shades of Grey" in Seattle

Grey Skies of Seattle Water Front

This is fifty shades of grey!

Lobby of the Olympic Fairmont



Wonderful restaurant about 2 blocks from the Fairmont








The original Starbucks!






It is appropriate that the wildly popular series of erotic novels are based in Seattle- it was "fifty shades of grey" when we visited. However grey skies do not diminish the beauty of this great American city.   And when we checked into the Olympic Fairmont Hotel, I immediately thought of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steel. They too, had checked into this beautiful hotel when fleeing the stalker girl! Of course, they were in the penthouse and we were on the 6th floor!    Seattle  is a foodie's delight and we were directed to some fabulous restaurants by the hotel staff.  Tullio's was my favorite, where we finished the meal with a divine Pistaschio Semi Freddo which I have to try to duplicate at home.  Pikes Market was a visual feast for the eyes, as we gathered unusual gourmet treats to take to our son's home in San Francisco the next day. I loved seeing the original Starbucks - still similar to how it looked when it opened. 

2 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Oh Susan, I've said many many times how much I would love to relocate to Seattle. Your images just reconfirmed this thought. I love Pikes Market, all the assorted goodies, along with time to enjoy it all. Those flower pics really captured the vibe. xx's

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

You so made me want to go to Seattle!