Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lilacs and Roses







It is the 2nd day of May in northern Illinois. We have actually had a spring- several days in the 60's ! Our lilac tree is blooming - right on schedule - the 1st of May! So Mr. RTH and I head off the to nursery to buy plants- roses to replace the one's that did not make it- herbs for my herb garden and anything else that looks different for this year! After an afternoon of planting, I decide to come in and make dinner for us. Since the lilacs are blooming, I cut some for the table and decide to set a table on our front porch to celebrate the lilacs. Old china from Mr. RTH's Grandma Lizzie, purple crystal and antique candelabras, I found on Friday, complete the tribute to lilacs. The purple toile tablecloth is perfect and adding the old monogrammed french napkins completes the French touch that I love so much. I light the candles- the mosquitoes join us - can you believe they are already here? - and we immediately retreat inside to enjoy our meal! At least I have pretty lilacs for the table!

No comments: