Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hard to Find "Finds"












About 25 years ago, I found a beautiful silk velvet textile, beautifully embroidered with chenille threads. Shortly thereafter, I found two more for my collection. I haven't seen any since then, until a couple of weeks ago when I found 2 more from one antique dealer. These textiles are from the early part of this century and it amazes me how vibrant the color has stayed. I love the deep color of the velvets and embroidery. Our seamstress at the store makes them into beautiful pillows. I wish women still knew how to make these beautiful textiles, but I am afraid that it is a lost art. So preserving them for the future is very important to me. Pillows are beautiful, but the textiles also look great framed and hung as art.

No comments: